Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: Hostel *spoiler, dont read if ur going to see it*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hostel *spoiler, dont read if ur going to see it*

    Anybody go catch this movie this weekend?

    This movie is nothing like what the previews said. Supposed to be the scariest film in a decade. Nope, not even close! There aren't any moments that had me jumping out of my seat, or feeling sick over. It was a major major let down to me and my friends. A lot of the deaths even looked fake. The worst of all, how it was televised about having to have paramedics come into a recent screening, etc.. was bogus. It was BS to get people to come out and watch it. Hands down, SAW is a much much better film.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2003
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hostel *spoiler, dont read if ur going to see it*

    I agree. I was disappointed but it was an ok movie.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hostel *spoiler, dont read if ur going to see it*

    I'll be the Siskel to your Ebert . I enjoyed Hostel and was ok with the amount and quality of the gore . They could have went more gruesome or they could have went less , I guess it's just a matter of taste. Some different lighting and less cutaways and the gore would have been a real squeemish mess .You're right about lack of tense moments though , possibily from the 1st 45 minutes of only drugs and T&A . Hammers , drills , blowtorches , scapels , scissors , chainsaws , bolt cutters , trains and cars , plenty of ways to suffer for me . "Saw" was a different kind of movie . It was a keep you guessing who's the killer . With "Hostel" , you knew from the get go . Not a bad movie .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hostel *spoiler, dont read if ur going to see it*

    I get your point of view perfectly. You're right saw was totally different movie. Like apples to oranges. But it just wasn't up to the hype that surrounded this movie.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Xknight52's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hostel *spoiler, dont read if ur going to see it*

    At times I thought this movie was a porn....LoL...It was ok, i'll give it one thumbs up....
    [IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hostel *spoiler, dont read if ur going to see

    My review:

    First half - Far too much nudity. Far too much drug usage and drinking. No point in putting all of this in here - this really lowered my expectations even more because it just wasn't suitable or needed in my opinion.

    Second half - Seemed to use excessive gore to overshadow an otherwise crappy movie. The ending was far too predictable, the movie was predictable, and even the gore itself was a letdown and wasn't quite as intense as I thought it'd be.

    I'd give it about 1/5 or 2/5.

    I'd hardly even recommend renting this one.

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    At times I thought this movie was a porn....LoL

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Too true. As most people know...we MEN most of the time uh... "enjoy" this aspect of movies, but in this one I just had the feeling that it was FAR too unnecessary and VERY excessive.
    Officially retired

  7. #7
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hostel *spoiler, dont read if ur going to see

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

    Too true. As most people know...we MEN most of the time uh... "enjoy" this aspect of movies, but in this one I just had the feeling that it was FAR too unnecessary and VERY excessive.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    man, you in your right mind saying something like that??.. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  8. #8
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hostel *spoiler, dont read if ur going to see

    Well, with my dad and brother by my side, what else can I say? It just didn't uh.... FEEL RIGHT! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I swear to god I was blushing all the way through the first half of it.. I hated it. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  9. #9
    Inactive Member teller_about_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hostel *spoiler, dont read if ur going to see

    it was pretty predictiable. Me and my buddies were guessin the next scene every time. I thought the gore was pretty good. And come on who dont like some T&amp;A
    OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
    COEBURN CRAZIES

    14-5 (9-3)\
    aka teller_about_me

  10. #10
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hostel *spoiler, dont read if ur going to see

    How can it have too much nudity? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •